Friday, September 18, 2009

Mouse-capades!

Yesterday afternoon I donned my mighty gloves and started out on my search for mutant mice or bug spray soaked mice.

I had to move some extra baseboards out of the way before I could start my search. I removed each piece one by one. Finally, I see two little mice huddled against the remaining stack of baseboard.
I take a board and nudge the first and it squeaked. Whack! Next mouse, nudge, squeak, whack!

I search other corners of the basement and I see another. Whack!

Three down, two to go. I'm sweating bullets.

I go back to where I killed the first two and see another mouse snuggled in between a stud and pipe. Just its tail is sticking out. I try to place the board on its tail and drag it out but no success. Hmm, what to use? Got it! I'll get some pliers and pluck the sucker out that way. Pinch the mouse on the back and pull it out. Whack!

Four down, one to go. Can't find the other so I start my clean up process by placing all carcasses in a grocery bag for proper disposal. Next, I swept the floor to remove all mouse evidence so I know if more come around. Then I placed three mouse traps along that wall because I just know that fifth one will scamper this way soon.

During my cleanup process, I dropped a quart of black paint on the floor and of course, the lid came off and black paint oozed onto the floor. Shit!!!

Fast forward to this morning. After feeding the dog, I took a trip downstairs to check out the traps. Success! There's one flipped upside down. As I approach, I notice a mouse sitting next to the trap but then realized its tail was in the trap. I quickly turn around to grab my trusty board. Whack! Number five! I won this round of whack-a-mouse.

Until the next family moves in.

No comments:

Post a Comment