Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Haunt - Denver Int'l Airport

I'm in the middle of my trek back to my hometown for my 25th high school reunion.

I have a new Blackberry phone, aka Crackberry, to play with. I also need a 12 year old to show me some tricks.

I actually started my trek yesterday. I drove to Billings to fly out since it was over $200 cheaper than Great Falls.
Anyhoo, while driving I passed a team of horses pulling a "covered wagon". In Montana, anything goes on the road. This was on a very busy two lane highway (by Montana standards). I couldn't believe my eyes. How would you like to hit horse shit at +75 mph?

Now for traveling and having a two hour layover you tend to witness some fabulous people watching and observing complete stupidity of the human population. Do people check their brains at their front door as they leave their respective homes or check them with their luggaga?

I watched an elderly woman fallas she exited the moving sidewalk. I guess she couldn't hear the friendly recording that she was approaching the end. Her friends did stop to help her along with a helpful passerby. However, there were two elderly women getting close and one began to shriek "Excuse me! We are coming! We are coming!". Complete panic on her face. I was waiting for the "cotton top pile up" in concourse A.
Thankfully, helpful passersby got the fallen woman out of the way before catastrophe hit.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment